Saturday, January 26, 2013

Red PrimeSteak OKC

It's been a while since I've done a resaurant review, partially because "everyone" seems to take photos of every meal they eat and I am not "everyone" and had thus stopped doing so, and lets face it, a food blog without the visual just isn't as good. That being said, I had the most amazing meal last night! So good that photos or no photos it demanded attention. Lucky for you, the resaurant website had photos of most of the deliciousness!

This week we had a Celebratory Dinner at Red PrimSteak in Oklahoma City. Red is a well known for their amazing Prime meats, wine list and of course their red neon lights. The service is great and the food is even better. Here's the rundown on the delicious dishes.

RP Tomato Salad
This salad is a perfect Caprese Salad +; the + being fried green tomatoes. The mozzarella was perfect, milky and fresh; balsamic redux and basil infused evoo hit all the right notes. And the fried green tomatoes? Amazing! I make pretty amazing fried green tomatoes, but these, oh my goodness, mouthwatering deliciousness!  The RP's Tomato Salad was the Perfect Start to the evening.
The RP Tomato Salad earns 5 of 5 stars


Prime Sirloin
Normally I'm a Ribeye girl, but I was sold on the 10 oz Prime Sirloin, and it was superb. At Red Prime, each steak comes with your choice of Rub and Sauce. I chose the Blue Cheese Rub with Red's Custom Steak Sauce. Now, we are taking about Prime meat here, so you know it's going to be good, but this steak, oh this steak, was melt-in-your-mouth, i-can't-wait-for-my-next-bite amazing. It was tender, perfectly aged, seasoned and cooked to my preferred medium-rare +. When it comes to steak I'm normally a purest, no sauce, basic rub - but since these are part of the allure of prime, I had to try them. The blue cheese was bold and flavorful, the Red steak sauce was bold and deep. It was a perfect medley of flavors.
The Prime Sirloin earns 5 of 5 stars

Green Chile Mac
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love a good Mac and Cheese. Red Prime did not disapoint. The Green Chile Mac was rich and creamy, with a kick. A bit too much of a kick  for me, but the overall flavor was amazing.
The Green Chile Mac earns 4 of 5 stars.

Chocolate Spoon Cake
To top off the night we had the chocolate spoon cake, a rich nutty, slightly gooey chocolate cake topped with vanilla ice cream and served with salted carmel sauce and poached cherries. The cake was sweet and rich without being too rich, the carmel sauce was divine - the perfect blend of sweet-salty goodness. The ice cream was standard, nothing to write home about, but it completed the dish. The cherries fell flat; they were bland and the texture was off.
The Chocolate Spoon Cake earns 4 of 5 stars

Red PrimeSteak is a must eat. The food is divine and the service is outstanding. Overall Red PrimeSteak earns a 4.5 of 5 stars.

*Photo Credit http://redprimesteak.com/

No comments: