Friday, July 03, 2020

Spicy Pretzels - the perfect party snack

Happy Independence Day!
Did you forget to make something for a (socially distanced) gathering this Holiday weekend? If' so I've got the perfect, easy snack for you. Spicy Pretzels! When I lived in North Dakota we had the most amazing little company that made these seasoned pretzels, they were so good, but hard to find. So I did what I do, tinkered in the kitchen, and came up with my own. They are so good! My family prefers them to the name brand ones, and honestly, so do I.

I make these pretty much year round, but I especially love to make them as neighbor treats during the holidays.

Ingredients
1 large (party) bag of pretzels - i like Snyders sticks or 2 bags of the Winco braided sticks (shown here) 
3 TBS Ranch seasoning powder or 1 Packet
1 tsp Lemon Pepper
1 tsp cayenne or 2 tsp or Trader Joe's chili lime seasoning
1 tsp seasoning salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil (I use canola)

The Assembly 
In a large ziplock mix up the spices 
Then add the oil and "massage" it until you have a smooth past.
Next add the pretzels, shake them up a few times, let them sit for 2-4 hours, shaking them every so often. 
Finally spread on a backing sheet and  bake at 200 for 20 minutes (I then leave them in the oven to cool for another 20 minutes). Trust me, they need to be baked, the flavors just don't pop the same without a quick bake.
Don't forget to share the pretzel love. Happy Quarantine Summer Friends. 

No comments: