Sunday, January 02, 2011

Happy, Healthy New Year! Grapefruit Avocado Salad

I Love Salad. I do Not Love Salad Dressing.
I know that other than my 3 year old niece most people would disagree; they either dislike salad or drown it in dressing.  So, to appease the masses, I present my latest salad creation:
Grapefruit Avocado Salad
The Deets 
Spinach or Romaine Roughly Chopped (I do 1 cup per person)
1/2 Ruby Red Grapefruit
1/2 Avocado
1/2 Cucumber
10 Raw Almonds (roughly chopped)
1 TBS Grapefruit Juice
1/2 TBS Lemon Juice
1 TBS Soy Sauce

Salad Construction
Cut up Grapefruit, Avocado & Cucumber (I cut into quarters)
Place cut Grapefruit, Avocado & Cucumber in Bowl
Add Grapefruit Juice (I set aside the end & squeeze it in), Lemon Juice & Soy Sauce
Let sit for 10-15 minutes
Add Greens & Mix
Top with Almonds

Enjoy!


No comments: