Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Sweet Treat for Your Sweet Heart: Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies

Happy Valentines Day! 
Today I'm Sharing a Sweet Treat for Your Sweetie
When I think of Valentines Day treats I think Chocolate & Cherries {But I don't like real chocolate covered cherries - weird right}
I Love this Cherry Chocolate Hot Chocolate 

But My Favorite Chocolate Cherry Treat is Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies. My mom used to make them for us every year & we couldn't wait to get our hands on them!
The Cookie Deets
1 1/4 Cup Flour
1/2 Cocoa Powder
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Butter
1 Egg
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
Maraschino Cherries (set aside for construction) 
The How To
Mix all ingredients - except the Cherries
The Dough will be slightly crumbly
The Filling/Sauce Deets
6 oz Chocolate
1/2 Cup Sweet Condensed Milk
4 Tablespoons Cherry Juice
The How To
Mix all ingredients & Melt until smooth 
(about 1 minute in the microwave)
Construction
Roll Dough into Ball, then Poke a hole in the ball & work the hole until it is large enough to fit a cherry & chocolate sauce. 
Add Cherry
Fill with Chocolate Sauce
Bake at 350 for 10 Minutes & Enjoy!
Happy Valentines Day to you & yours!

1 comment:

cassieplienis said...

YUM! YUM! YUM!!!! :) Love it!