Sunday, May 22, 2011

Prosciutto and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breast

     The Weather is Lovely, it's warm and sunny, but not so hot that you don't dare cook.  I love this time of year, I love that things are growing, the bugs aren't too thick and it's just the right temperature to leave the door and windows open for a nice spring breeze. 
     This is a great recipe for a day like today, it's also great on too hot to cook days since you can toss it on the grill.  In case you haven't noticed I have a soft spot for Italy, I studied abroad in Rome one summer and fell even further in love than on my previous Euro-Tour. I love the lightness and freshness to Italian cooking, of course there are some great "stick-to-your-ribs" Italian meals, but I prefer the lighter side of Italian cooking most days. I'm sure you're thinking Prosciutto & Mozzarella are light? Yes, Yes they are if done properly. Now Let's get cooking.
The Deets
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
4 Slices Prosciutto
4 Slices Fresh Mozzarella
4 Fresh Basil Leaves
1 TBS of Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to Taste
The How To
Slice a "Pocket" into each Chicken Breast at the thickest spot - be careful not to cut all the way through
Wrap a slice of Prosciutto around a slice of Mozzarella & top with a Basil Leaf (what a lovely gift!)
Stick the Mozzarella "Gift" into the Chicken Pocket
Drizzle Each Chicken Breast with Olive Oil and Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper
Heat a Grill Pan (or your Grill) to Medium Heat
Cook Chicken for 6 minutes on each side, only turning once
Once Chicken is cooked through Remove from Heat, fix your sides and Plate. Today I served it with Whole Wheat Penne Pasta, a nice green Salad and Grilled Garlic Bread as sides.
Plate, Pray & Enjoy!

No comments: