Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dinner Salad : Redefined

During the Summer the blistering Heat Zaps my Motivation to Cook Dinner more often than I'd like to admit.  On Nights like this Salad for Dinner is a Life Saver. In order to make a Salad into a meal you need some good lean protein, like Chicken and/or Egg (which came first?), and some healthy fats from Avocado and/or Cheese. This is a Light yet Hearty Summer Meal perfect for a Hot Summer Night.
The Deets (for 2)
4 Cups Spinach
4 Baby Peppers
1 Tomato or 1 Cup Grape Tomatoes
1/2 Cup Shredded Carrots
1/2 Cucumber
1 Avocado
2 Hard Boiled Eggs 
   (I don't like yolk so I make my salad sans yoke)
1/4 Shredded Cheese (Tillamook Sharp Cheddar)
4 Oz Chicken Breast 
   (Usually I cook my own but today I used Precooked)
1 Handful of Raw Almonds Roughly Chopped
Dressing of Choice - this is a good salad for Ranch Dressing
Look at those beautiful Greens!
The How To
Chop It Up
Mix It Up
Serve It Up
Plate, Pray & Enjoy!

No comments: