Sunday, October 09, 2011

Caprese Salad

One of my all time favorite foods is Caprese Salad. It's simple, fresh and to the point. Caprese Salad is simply sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and a dash of sea salt. So Simple, but complete culinary magic. I'm pretty sure I ate Caprese Salad about 100 times this summer - that's how much I love it! And with all the basil growing in my garden, how could I not use it up. Here's the simple steps to a perfect Caprese Salad.


The Deets
1 Ripe Tomato - if you can grow them yourself even better
6 Slices Fresh Mozzarella - if you have a market near by that makes it fresh - buy it - so much better!
6 Leaves of Fresh Basil - again if you grow your own it's even tastier
1 TBS aged Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 TBS Olive Oil (I always use extra virgin)
Salt & Pepper to Taste


The How To
Layer Tomato, Mozzarella, Basil
Repeat
Drizzle with Balsamic and Olive Oil
Add Salt and Pepper to Taste
Plate, Pray & Enjoy

No comments: