Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fall into Fall: Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies

Fall = Pumpkin. I'm a big fan of pumpkin in the fall, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin seeds. There are only two ways (I know of) that I don't like pumpkin: pumpkin pie (I know, I know, it's a classic - but I can't do it - in fact, I don't like pie at all) and pumpkin soup (sorry mom). Anyway back to the good pumpkin! Today we are whipping up some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! This recipe is quick easy and yields about 5 dozen fluffy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Yummy.


The Deets
1 Cup Butter (2 sticks) 
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 Can Pumpkin Puree
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
3 Cups Flour (I use 2 Cups Regular, 1 Cup Wheat)
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon 
1 tsp Nutmeg 
1 Bag Chocolate Chips (Milk)



The How To
Cream Butter, Sugars and Eggs
Add Vanilla and Pumpkin
Add Flour, Baking Soda, Salt, Cinnamon and Nutmeg
Beat until Smooth
Add Chocolate Chips
Scoop onto cookie sheets (spray sheets with Pam first)
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 15 minutes (may take 20 minutes depending on oven)
Enjoy a cookie or two along with your beautiful fall weather!

No comments: