Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Ahi Tuna Tacos with Slaw

I Love Fish Tacos! During the Summer I will make them every week or two, with Ahi Tuna or MahiMahi. The Fish Taco is easy, healthy & oh so tasty!
The Slaw on the other hand, is a totally new concept.  As I've mentioned, I joined a food coop a few months back, which means I get mystery produce every 2 weeks. Most of it is stuff I use on a regular basis, but sometimes I am challenged with foods I don't normally eat. This week it was Cabbage. Purple Cabbage. What does one do with Purple Cabbage? Well I added it to fried rice {it turned everything purplish blue - but tasted good} and since I still had over half a head left I decided to make a slaw.
Here's my first attempt at purple slaw.
The Deets on the Slaw
2 Cups Shredded Purple Cabbage
1/2 Bell Pepper thinly sliced
3 Sweet Peppers (1 red, 1 orange & 1 yellow)
1/2 Cup Shredded Carrot
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Lemon Pepper
1 TBS Rice Vinegar
1 tsp Sesame Oil
1/2 tsp Sriracha Sauce
1/2 tsp Sugar
1/4 Cup Plain Yogurt (nonfat)
1 TBS Lime Juice
The How To on the Slaw
Whisk Vinegar, Sesame Oil and Yogurt
Add Sriracha, Salt, Lemon Pepper & Sugar
Add to shredded Vegetables
Add Lime Juice and Mix well
Let sit for an hour before serving for flavors to mix
Taco Taco Deets
1 Ahi Tuna Fillet
1 tsp Taco Seasoning
1 tsp Lemon Pepper
1 TBS Lime juice
1/2 TBS Olive Oil
1 Avocado diced
1 Tomato diced
2 handfuls Romaine lettuce or Spinach
4 Corn Tortillas
The How To
Heat Olive Oil in Pan over Medium High
Sprinkle Tuna with Taco Seasoning and Lemon Pepper
Sear Tuna on each side for 4 minutes, remove from heat and sprinkle with lime juice
Use fork to "pull apart" Tuna
Heat Tortillas & assemble your tacos as desired
Serve with Black Beans {I also added baked sweet potatoes today}

Plate, Pray & Enjoy!

2 comments:

Ashley Dickman said...

me: what do you think babe?

dan: i love it!

lol! I like tuna out of a can, but this kind of tuna... I don't eat. Dan LOVES it though.

Anonymous said...

This was yummy! I implemented a white onion, a few of smallish sweet peppers
and a whole chunk of smoked salmon ( not lox).
I included some pink pepper and served it in excess of corn pasta when you consider that I am gluten
zero cost. Exceptionally great recipe!

Here is my blog post Tv Shows