Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mean Green Smoothie just in time for St. Patrick's Day!

Sometimes I have visions of grandeur when it comes to healthy eating. Usually my healthy ideas taste fantastic, but sometimes it's a miss...I won't say epic failure, but only because I can usually turn an epic failure into a "not too bad" or even a "pretty good".  Let me share the smoothie that almost became an epic failure.
The Mean Green Smoothie
4 Leaves of Kale {Next time I'll only use 2}
1 cup Yogurt (Stonyfield organic - usually I use plain but I was out)
1 Banana
1 Orange
1 Kiwi
1/4 Cup Milk
This is how I started the Mean Green Smoothie - Not so good. 
So, I added the following:
1/2 Cup Black Berries
1/2 Cup Strawberries
1 Orange
1 Kiwi
Makes 4 Smoothies
Much Better!  It still tastes a little too healthy, but it's well worth it.  Think of all those vitamins & fiber!
Enjoy your Mean Green Smoothie. 
It's a great start to help you Attack your Day!

No comments: