Sunday, April 10, 2011

MahiMahi with Pineapple Salsa

     I Love MahiMahi!  I Love fresh Salsa & I Love this Meal. 
In a moment I'll share the recipe, but first I want to do something I've been meaning to add to this blog... sharing tips on healthy living.  Not that I'm a genius at it, I'm a work in progress {as you can see from some of the recipes} but I plan to add little tips now and then.  You may have noticed the Note at the end of the Mac & Cheese post about "not eating white foods" - If not, check it out - It's a great way to eat a little bit healthier.  
    Today's tip is all about portion control. I don't believe in giving up foods you love. I believe in portion control - a little bit goes a long way; when you get the taste of something you love, you don't feel deprived and you don't binge. You learn self control can be both satisfying and healthy. If you haven't noticed before my salad is always half of the meal, a whole grain is 1/4 and depending on the day the protein is usually a 1/4, sometimes less. Anyway, controlling your portion size is a great way to eat what you love without feeling guilty.
Now on with the Food!


The Salsa Deets
1 Jalapeno finely Chopped
2 Tomatoes Chopped
3 Slices of Fresh Pineapple Chopped
4 finely chopped Basil Leaves
1 sprig Cilantro finely Chopped
1 TBS Lime Juice
1 tsp Lemon Pepper
1 tsp Sea Salt
The How To
Chop Ingredients & Mix in a bowl. 
Let sit about an Hour prior to serving to allow flavors to blend and concentrate. 
The MahiMahi How To
Cut Each MahiMahi Steak in half (it's all about portion control)
Season with Salt and Lemon Pepper
Heat pan on high add 1/2 TBS olive oil
Cook MahiMahi on each side for 3 minutes
Cover and Remove from heat to continue cooking for 5 minutes.


Serve with Salad and Quinoa {I made herbed Quinoa} & you've got yourself a great plate.
Plate, Pray & Enjoy!

No comments: