Thursday, April 14, 2011

Roasted Brussel Sprouts

When I was a kid I loved Brussel Sprouts, then one day, all of the sudden they were "out". I couldn't even look at brussel sprouts anymore, let alone muster up the courage to eat one.  But now that I'm on my quest for a healthier lifestyle and a more diverse diet I decided it was time to give the old "Texas Cabbages" a try again.  So here we have Brussel Sprouts My Way
The Deets (for 4)
16-20 Brussel Sprouts
1/2 Yellow Onion
4 Cloves Garlic
1 tsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Course Sea Salt
The How To
Trim Brussel Sprouts
Slice Onion into thick slices
Toss Brussel Sprouts, Onion and Garlic in Olive Oil
Heat Oven to 350 and Bake for 30 minutes
Be sure that you get a nice crisp on the outside and that the Brussel Sprouts bake all the way through. Once cooked to the desired crispness sprinkle with Sea Salt. Discard onion and garlic and serve Brussel Sprouts.  
I have to say these were the best Brussel Sprouts I've ever eaten, but they are still Brussel Sprouts.  I was only able to eat 3 and then I was done, but they were good and I will be making them again. Even if you aren't a big fan of "texas cabbages" you should try this recipe - you might just start liking brussel sprouts.

1 comment:

Bakeshow said...

In my family we call them "little rotten cabbages"

I don't eat them.