Sunday, April 03, 2011

The Perfect French Toast

I L-O-V-E - Love French Toast! 
I happen to be married to the World's Best French Toast Maker.
My Mr. cooks exactly 3 things: Toast, Oatmeal, and French Toast. But he makes the best Toast, Oatmeal and French Toast ever!  Seriously he does. His toast is so good - I think it's due to the reckless abandon in his use of butter. My toast is never as good since I am too stingy with the butter, so if he's home he's in charge of the toast.
I digress, back to the French Toast. 
A few weeks back I picked up a loaf of fresh Challah bread from our favorite bakery.  The Mr. was craving French Toast so I suggested we try making it with the Challah bread.  Because he loves me, he obliged. Let me say this - Best French Toast Ever! Even better than my Mr.'s normally delicious French Toast. It is light and fluffy and oh so good.
The Deets 
(For 2)
5 Slices Challah Bread or your favorite Wheat Bread
3 Eggs
1/4 Cup Milk (we use skim)
1/2 tsp Vanilla
The How To
Whisk eggs, milk and vanilla in a shallow bowl
Dip Bread in egg mixture
Heat skillet to Medium Low
Once pan is hot place in pan
Cook to desired shade of Golden Brown
Flip & cook otherside to perfection
{don't these slices kinda look like Easter Bunnies? -  Can you tell I'm excited for Easter?}
I eat mine with butter & powdered sugar.  
My Mr. drenches his in syrup.
Add a glass of milk, some fresh fruit and a little protein and you've got a great breakfast.


Plate, Pray & Enjoy!


No comments: