Sunday, September 12, 2010

Rainy Day Breakfast

I love a good rainy Sunday
Rainy Sundays call for special Breakfast

This morning I made Husband's favorite - Monkeybread-

The Deets
(My take on the MIL's Recipe)
{MIL = mother-in-law}
The "Rolls"
1 can refrigerated biscuit dough (Pillsbury is my fav)
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tsp (or so) of Cinnamon
(Mix sugars & cinnamon for dipping)
3 TBS Butter

Icing
1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
1 TBS Milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla

Directions
Cut Biscuits into quarters
Dip in Butter
Roll in Cinnamon Sugar Mixture 
Place in High Sided Ceramic Dish  about a 1 1/2 qt.
 I like corningware 
Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes
(we like ours a little gooey so 15 is what I do)
Flip & drizzle icing over the top
Man cannot live on Sugar alone (although he'd like to try)
So we also had a Spinach, Mushroom & Tomato Omelet
Mix 2 Eggs
2 TBS Milk
Sprinkle of cheese
Cook over medium heat until 2/3 done
Add 
1 cup Spinach
1/2 diced Tomato
5 diced Mushrooms
Cook over low heat for 4-5 minutes
Add a sprinkle of cheese
Enjoy!

No comments: